Sign in or
The Oprah Winfrey Foundation
Oprah Winfrey has long believed that education is the door to freedom, offering a chance at a brighter future. Through her private charity, The Oprah Winfrey Foundation, she has award hundreds of grants to organizations that support the empowerment and education of women, children and families. Winfrey has made significant contributions toward institutions that further education, including large gifts to several historically black colleges and universities. Recipients include the United Negro College Fund, the Harold Washington Library, Chicago Academy of Arts, Chicago Public Schools, and her alma mater, Tennessee State University.
- $100,000 to the Harold Washington Library
- $2 million grant for a scholarship fund at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia (a black men's liberal arts program)
- $1 million to the science program at Spelman College (primarily a black women's institution)
- $1 million to a Chicago high school
- $500,000 to a scholarship fund at Henry Homer Boys and Girls Club in Chicago
- Proceeds from the Oprah Winfrey: Make the Connection go to A Better Chance, which gives students from inner city schools to attend the nation's best college preparatory and public schools
- Created "The Oprah Winfrey Scholars Program," which gives scholarships to students determined to use their education to give back to their communities in the United States and abroad
Latest page update: made by just_tonya
, Apr 6 2008, 11:47 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|emmaseaman2011||Fees to attend 3 years at biblical college!||1||Mar 26 2013, 3:03 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jul 8 2011, 4:46 PM EDT Watch
I would like to attend biblical college and am looking for someone to sponser me i need £15,000 so once trained i may go out and preach the gospel and help people who have lost there way in life! Could you help me please!!!
0 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||...................||1||Mar 26 2013, 3:01 PM EDT by Anonymous|
|Anonymous||Nicole gipson @216-239-9686 or 216-681-6212||0||Mar 7 2013, 2:43 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Mar 7 2013, 2:43 PM EST Watch
I am a 39 year old;single;African American mother. Of 5kids and 3grands and I. Am praying. For a miracle. I need broken. Windows. NTFixed;my toilet is not workingaand I'm a Dialysis. Patient who misses a quite aaaaafrewfew of my whole. Lot of sessions. Due to not qbeing able t o get there 00%of
Do you find this valuable?
Showing 3 of 22 threads for this page - view all